Nutritional Wellness Coaching
Exercise for Healthy Aging
Nutritional Wellness Coaching uses food as a tool to optimize health, while also taking in the 'whole picture' with regards to sleep, movement, and mental mindset.
• Focus is placed on what foods you can add that will improve your nutrition
• Learn to create balanced meals
• No foods are totally off limits
• Goals related to helping you feel your best
• Eating to give you ENERGY
• We work together to find meals and snacks you enjoy that also help you towards reaching your goals
• 7-9 hours of sleep can help most people improve focus and increase energy levels
• Purposeful activity to improve or maintain strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness. Strength training gets even more important as we age.
• History of dieting or poor relationships with food can be hard to overcome, but we can work together to create a new, healthy mindset
• Reducing stress can positively impact both physical and mental health
• Discussion of goals, nutrition basics, balancing meals, and assessment of a 3-day food log that you fill out beforehand.
• Daily food tracking/accountability via the Healthie app (sharing photos of meals), with feedback as needed
• Weekly check-ins via the app
• Longer check-ins every four weeks to reassess progress and goals
What is the best exercise for you? The one that you will actually do.
We will work together to find the movement you enjoy that will feel sustainable long-term.
Exercises targeted specifically to improve balance and reduce your risk for falls and injury.
Purposeful activity to improve or maintain strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness. Strength training gets even more important as we age.
• Assessment of current strength, flexibility, and balance level
• One-on-one instruction of targeted exercises based on your own personal goals
• Optional: Creation of a concise home exercise program that feels doable and safe